Posted March 1, 2018
This spring of 2018 marks 100 years of our Congregation’s use of the name Central Synagogue!
Although the name Central Synagogue was not formally incorporated until 1974, we were already popularly known as such as stationary using that name first appears in the minutes book of the Board of Trustees report in April 1918. Quoting from the minutes of the Annual Meeting of April 21, 1918 as part of a President’s report to the members of the Congregation of Ahawath Chesed Shaar Hashomayim on April 21, 1918:
“While the corporate name of our Congregation remains the same, the name of Central Synagogue seems to have been met with universal favor and we are getting better known in the community by reason of the change.”
The president of the congregation was Samuel B. Hamburger and the Rabbi was Nathan Krass.
Posted February 20, 2019
Posted February 15, 2019
Posted February 12, 2019
Posted February 5, 2019
Posted February 1, 2019