Annual Congregational Meeting
Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 6:00 pm – 7:15 pm
Virtual - Zoom & Livestreaming
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING
This year’s meeting will be held virtually. All congregants are encouraged to attend via zoom or to watch the livestream. In accordance with Article V, Section 3(b) of the By Laws, we will vote to elect new officers and trustees and we will hear from our President, Treasurer, and Senior Rabbi.
—Joe Sofer, Secretary
We strongly encourage you to cast your vote online via proxy, whether or not you are able to join the meeting. Please note, members who have opted to receive communications via the United States Postal Service, will receive a paper proxy that they can complete and return to us.
Note that only primary members and their spouses or partners may vote; non-member spouses, adult children, or other dependents in your family are not eligible.
Cast your vote online »
- Invocation: our clergy will lead us in an opening blessing
- Nominating Committee Report: Past President and Chair of the Nominating Committee, Abigail Pogrebin will thank those board members whose terms have ended, and announce the Board of Trustee’s nominations and re-nominations for the upcoming year. She will share the number of votes received via proxy or paper, and a vote will be taken among the congregants present at the meeting to finalize the nominations.
- Finance Report: Board Treasurer Jon May will review the synagogue’s financial health.
- President’s Report: Jeremy Fielding will talk about the state of the synagogue.
- Senior Rabbi’s Remarks: Rabbi Angela Buchdahl will share her thoughts about the past year, and the year ahead including how COVID-19 has impacted our community, and how we are moving forward to ensure we emerge as strong as ever from the pandemic.
- Benediction: the meeting will close with a song and blessing
Report of the Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee is tasked with providing, by March 31, a recommendation to the Board of Trustees for first-term trustees as well as re-nominating trustees completing their first and second terms. Additionally, the Committee nominates first-term officers and re-nominates continuing officers.
Trustees are eligible for three three-year terms and officers are eligible for four one-year terms. President is eligible for three one-year terms.
Here is this year’s slate:
Nominated as Officers for a One-Year Term
Shonni Silverberg, President
Brad Bernstein, Vice President
David Tanner, Vice President
Jonathan Crystal, Vice President
Susie Stern, Vice President
Jon May, Treasurer
Jill Seigerman, Secretary
Nominated as Trustees for their first Three-Year Term
Jenny Sharfstein Kane
Re-Nominated as Trustees for a Three-Year Term
Submitted April 2021: Abigail Pogrebin (chair) with committee members Cindy Edelson, Mari Hinojosa, Benjamin Lawsky, Karen Picquet, Jaymere Stein, and Steve Steinman.
If you are unable to join via Zoom, you may watch the livestream on our website.