Annual Congregational Meeting
Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 6:00 pm – 7:15 pm
Zoom & Livestream
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING
Because of COVID-19, this year’s meeting will be held virtually. All congregants are encouraged to attend via zoom or to watch the livestream. In accordance with Article V, Section 3(b) of the By Laws, we will vote to elect new officers and trustees and we will hear from our President, Treasurer, and Senior Rabbi. At this year’s meeting, we will also be seeking approval for a Resolution passed by of the Board of Trustees to enter into a proposed transaction involving some of our Transferable Development Rights (“air rights”).
—Joe Sofer, Secretary
We strongly encourage you to cast your vote online via proxy, whether or not you are able to join the meeting. Please note, members who have opted to receive communications via the United States Postal Service, will receive a paper proxy that they can complete and return to us.
Note that only primary members and their spouses or partners may vote; non-member spouses, adult children, or other dependents in your family are not eligible.
- Invocation: our clergy will lead us in an opening blessing
- Nominating Committee Report: Past President and Chair of the Nominating Committee, Abigail Pogrebin will thank those board members whose terms have ended, and announce the Board of Trustee’s nominations and re-nominations for the upcoming year. She will share the number of votes received via proxy or paper, and a vote will be taken among the congregants present at the meeting to finalize the nominations.
- Finance Report: Board Treasurer Jon May will review the synagogue’s financial health.
- President’s Report: Jeremy Fielding will talk about the state of the synagogue and provide important details about the proposed transaction involving some of the Synagogue’s Transferable Development Rights (“air rights”). He will share the number of votes received via proxy or paper, and a vote will be taken among the congregants present at the meeting to seek approval for Resolutions of the Board of Trustees to enter into the transaction. Read the FAQs
- Senior Rabbi’s Remarks: Rabbi Angela Buchdahl will share her thoughts about the past year, and the year ahead including how COVID-19 has impacted our community, and how we are moving forward to ensure we emerge as strong as ever from the pandemic.
- Q&A: the synagogue’s senior leadership will answer questions from members. We’ll be able to accept questions via the chat feature in Zoom; however, we encourage you to submit questions before the meeting by emailing [email protected]
- Benediction: the meeting will close with a song and blessing
Report of the Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee is tasked with providing, by March 31st, a recommendation to the Board of Trustees for first-term trustees as well as re-nominating trustees completing their first and second terms. Additionally, the Committee nominates first-term officers and re-nominates continuing officers.
Trustees are eligible for three three-year terms and officers are eligible for four one-year terms. President is eligible for three one-year terms.
Here is this year’s slate:
Nominated as Officers for a One-Year Term
Jeremy Fielding, President
Brad Bernstein, Vice President
Michael Gamzon, Vice President
Jill Seigerman, Vice President
Shonni Silverberg, Vice President
Jon May, Treasurer
Joe Sofer, Secretary
Nominated as Trustees for their first Three-Year Term
Re-Nominated as Trustees for a Three-Year Term
Submitted March 2020: Abigail Pogrebin (chair) with committee members Cindy Edelson, Mari Hinojosa, Benjamin Lawsky, Jaymere Stein, and Steve Steinman.
If you are unable to join via Zoom, you may watch the livestream on our website.